In the next three years we will achieve our mission of becoming a trusted voice in EDI by applying the principles outlined below to the following four goals:
- Diversify our Fellowship
- Support a biomedical and health research culture that promotes and values equity, diversity and inclusion
- Review and diversify governance process across the organisation
- Grow the diversity of our staff
We have identified the following as the three key elements of the 10-year strategy for this EDI strategy to underpin:
- Strategic priority - Fostering a research community that is trusted, open, diverse, collaborative and inclusive.
- 2032 commitment - Evolved our Fellowship to be diverse, relevant and energetic in meeting the needs of the biomedical and health profession and the society it represents.
- Success measure - An Academy Fellowship and alumni network that is more reflective of the society we live in and that includes a broader diversity of thought, expertise, and backgrounds.
Our EDI Principles