All grants and schemes available to postdoctoral biomedical researchers with a clinical degree are listed below.
- Starter Grants for Clinical Lecturers - supports research-active Clinical Lecturers by covering the costs of research consumables to help them gather data to strengthen their bids for longer-term fellowships and funding.
- Clinician Scientist Fellowships - this scheme offered salary support and research costs for clinical researchers to pursue translational research alongside clinical work. No further round of the scheme is currently planned.
- Newton Advanced Fellowships - three year awards for early to mid career researchers in partner countries working in clinical and patient oriented research to develop the strengths and capabilities of their research groups through training, collaboration and reciprocal visits with a UK partner
- Newton International Fellowships - supports early career researchers from partner countries to undertake clinical or patient-oriented research at a host institution in the UK for two years.
- Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships - travel fellowships for early career biomedical and clinical researchers to foster collaborations between the Middle East and the UK.
- Newton Fund partner matched schemes - schemes for UK based researchers to visit Brazil, China, India, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey
Mentoring & other schemes
- Mentoring scheme - all postdoctoral Clinician Scientist Fellows and Clinical Lecturers can join the scheme and be paired with an Academy Fellow to get career development support.
- SUSTAIN - award holders from partner organisations are eligible for this new programme aimed to enable women researchers to thrive in their independent research careers.
Events and conferences
- Spring Meeting for Clinician Scientist in Training - a cross-specialty event designed to bring clinical academic trainees together to present their work, meet one another and network with senior scientists.
- Winter Science Meeting - an event for AMS Starter Grant holders to meet each other and showcase their research.
- Career development events - held around the UK to help biomedical researchers develop a productive career.
- Fellows discussion dinners - an opportunity to hear talks given by Academy Fellows and informally network over dinner.