All grants and programmes available to postdoctoral biomedical and health researchers with a clinical degree are listed below.
- Starter Grants for Clinical Lecturers - supports research-active Clinical Lecturers by covering the costs of research consumables to help them gather data to strengthen their bids for longer-term fellowships and funding.
- Clinician Scientist Fellowships - this scheme offered salary support and research costs for clinical researchers to pursue translational research alongside clinical work. No further round of the scheme is currently planned.
- Newton Advanced Fellowships - three year awards for early to mid career researchers in partner countries working in clinical and patient oriented research to develop the strengths and capabilities of their research groups through training, collaboration and reciprocal visits with a UK partner
- Newton International Fellowships - supports early career researchers from partner countries to undertake clinical or patient-oriented research at a host institution in the UK for two years.
- Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships - travel fellowships for early career biomedical and clinical researchers to foster collaborations between the Middle East and the UK.
- Newton Fund partner matched schemes - schemes for UK based researchers to visit Brazil, China, India, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey
- Global Challenges Research Fund Networking Grants -a scheme for researchers based in DAC-listed countries, aiming to form collaborations with UK partners to address global challenges
- Hamied Foundation UK-India AMR Visiting Professorships- support short visits that seek to facilitate collaboration between the most talented researchers in the field of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the UK and India.
- Mentoring programme - check if you are eligibile to join the programme and be paired with an Academy Fellow to get career development support.
- SUSTAIN - award holders from partner organisations are eligible for this programme that enables women to thrive in their independent research careers.
Events and conferences
- Clinical Academics in Training Annual Conference - a cross-specialty event designed to bring clinical academic trainees together to present their work, meet one another and network with senior scientists.
- Career development events - held online and around the UK to help biomedical and health researchers develop a productive career.