Our annual International Health Lecture is a platform for leaders in global health to discuss topics of international significance, promoting debate, discussion and the exchange of ideas on current research.
These high-profile lectures attract a diverse audience, including the Academy's Fellows, academics, policymakers, the media, stakeholder groups and members of the public. We are delighted to have been hosting this lecture in partnership with The Lancet since 2016.
The 2020 International Health Lecture is due to take place in autumn/winter 2020. We will continue to review this in light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and adapt as necessary nearer the time. Visit our hub page for more information on the Academy's response to coronavirus.
Recent lectures are available to watch and listen again on the Academy's YouTube channel.
Find out more about past lectures:
- 2019 Professor Patricia J. García
- 2018 Dr Irene Akua Agyepong
- 2017 Dr Samuel Myers
- 2016 Professor Karen Sliwa
- 2015 Professor Vikram Patel FMedSci
- 2014 Dr Trevor Mundel
- 2012 Professor Janet Hemingway FRS FMedSci
- 2010 Dr Kevin De Cock
- 2009 Professor Nicholas White OBE FRS FMedSci
- 2008 Professor Hans Rosling
- 2007 Sir Richard Peto FRS FMedSci
- 2006 Dr Tadataka Yamada FMedSci (combined with Jean Shanks Lecture)
- 2005 Sir Gustav Nossal CBE FRS
- 2004 Dr Bernard Moss