Interested in industry? Anxious about applying for grants? Excited about engagement? We've been talking with our expert Fellows and grant awardees to pull together their top tips for your career.
Grant writing and funding applications:
- 10 tips for writing grant applications
- 10 tips for writing a lay summary
- What does a great lay summary look like? Real examples from successful grant awardees.
Building your career:
- Top tips for gaining recognition on team science projects
- Networking: How to make a connection and build collaborations
- Top tips for work-life balance
- Flexible working: negotiating and managing flexible working
- Top tips for developing a good mentoring relationship
- Five reasons for academics to take a holiday
- Part-time working: stories from our researchers
- How to fail better: learning from setbacks and challenges
- Research culture: what does it mean to have a good research culture?
- Why researchers should also do policy
- 10 tips for successful transitions between academia and industry
Communicating your research:
- 10 tips for communicating your research
- 10 reasons for scientists to use social media
- Top tips for presenting your research effectively
- Top tips for designing a research poster
- Top tips for preparing for a media interview