All grants and programmes available to postdoctoral biomedical and health researchers who hold a non-clinical degree, researchers from other science disciplines (e.g. natural and physical sciences) and those doing research on medical humanities and health related social sciences.
- Springboard - for researchers within five years of appointment to their first group leader position. This scheme provides flexible funds towards research costs and enrolment to a career development programme.
- Springboard – Health of the Public 2040 offers flexible funds over two years and a bespoke package of career support to researchers within three years of appointment to their first independent position.
- Newton Advanced Fellowships - three year awards for early to mid career researchers in partner countries working in clinical and patient oriented research to develop the strengths and capabilities of their research groups through training, collaboration and reciprocal visits with a UK partner
- Newton International Fellowships - supports early career researchers from partner countries to undertake clinical or patient-oriented research at a host institution in the UK for two years.
- Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships - travel fellowships for early career biomedical and clinical researchers to foster collaborations between the Middle East and the UK.
- Newton Fund partner matched schemes - schemes for UK based researchers to visit Brazil, China, India, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey
- Global Challenges Research Fund Networking Grants -a scheme for researchers based in DAC-listed countries, aiming to form collaborations with UK partners to address global challenges
- Hamied Foundation UK-India AMR Visiting Professorships- support short visits that seek to facilitate collaboration between the most talented researchers in the field of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the UK and India.
- Mentoring programme - check if you are eligibile to join the programme and be paired with an Academy Fellow to get career development support.
- SUSTAIN - award holders from partner organisations are eligible for this programme that enables women to thrive in their independent research careers.
Events and conferences
- Career development events - held online and around the UK to help biomedical and health researchers develop a productive career.
- The Foulkes Foundation Academy of Medical Sciences Medal - A Medal awarded biennially to a rising star making a significant impact on UK bioscience research.