Strategic priority #2
We will support UK biomedical and health research to strengthen its global competitiveness and reputation by:
- Harnessing our rich heritage of discovery and translational science that has been fundamental to tackling the Covid-19 pandemic
- Championing transdisciplinary research across the NHS, social care and public health; academia; charities and industry - including the opportunities arising from health technology, data and artificial intelligence
- Fostering a research community that is trusted, open, diverse, collaborative and inclusive
By 2032 we will have:
- Influenced Government and industry to support research and innovation with sustained investment
- Built key skills in the research community through the Academy’s innovative career schemes and support
- Established Academy hubs and networks in the devolved nations and English regions to connect and support biomedical and health researchers to work collaboratively
- Enabled and supported more productive collaboration between the NHS, academia, industry, and patients and the public.
Go back to our full strategy.
Read our next strategic priority.