The Academy has a number of schemes to promote international collaboration between the UK and eligible countries. All schemes for researchers who would like to visit the UK and for UK-based researchers who would like to go abroad are listed below.
- Newton Advanced Fellowships - three year awards for early to mid career researchers in partner countries working in clinical and patient oriented research to develop the strengths and capabilities of their research groups through training, collaboration and reciprocal visits with a UK partner
- Newton International Fellowships - supports early career researchers from partner countries to undertake clinical or patient-oriented research at a host institution in the UK for two years.
- Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships - travel fellowships for early career biomedical and clinical researchers to foster collaborations between the Middle East and the UK.
- Newton Fund partner matched schemes - schemes for UK based researchers to visit Brazil, China, India, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey
- Global Challenges Research Fund Networking Grants - a scheme for researchers based in DAC-listed countries, aiming to form collaborations with UK partners to address global challenges