The Academy has responded to the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy's Green Paper on the Industrial Strategy.Status:
AMS response to the Industrial Strategy Green Paper
In April 2017, the Academy submitted a written response to the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy's Green Paper.
The Academy welcomed the Government's commitment to place science, research and innovation at the heart of its strategy.
In our response we highlighted the importance of:
- support for collaboration at the interface between academia, industry and the NHS
- a skilled workforce to underpin the UK’s strong science and innovation sector
- connectivity between regional clusters and establishing a UK-wide offering for potential collaborators and investors
- access to long-term, patient capital to support the growth of businesses and ability to commercialise research across the country
- the NHS in promoting uptake of innovation in the clinic