The Academy of Medical Sciences’ two-year GCRF grant is supporting six policy workshops and at least one academic from an ODA country to join the Academy’s international working group on multimorbidity.Ongoing
The Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) is a £1.5 billion fund announced by the UK Government to support cutting-edge research that addresses the challenges faced by developing countries through:
· challenge-led disciplinary and interdisciplinary research
· strengthening capacity for research and innovation within both the UK and developing countries
· providing an agile response to emergencies where there is an urgent research need.
GCRF is administered through delivery partners including the Research Councils and national academies.
The Academy of Medical Sciences’ two-year GCRF grant is supporting six policy workshops and at least one academic from an ODA country to join the Academy’s international working group on multimorbidity.
These workshops aim to:
· Enable partners (primarily National Academies) in ODA eligible countries to consider how scientific evidence can help address key global health challenges.
· Build capacity in ODA countries for the provision of scientific advice.
To read more about the individual workshops, click below.
The Academy of Medical Sciences and the Academy of Sciences Malaysia will convene a policy workshop in Putrajaya, Malaysia on the 2-3rd October on addressing the global health challenge of obesity.
The Academy of Medical Sciences, in partnership with the Academy of Sciences South Africa, convened a policy workshop on multimorbidity in Johannesburg, South Africa from the 2-3 November 2016.
The Academy of Medical Sciences, in collaboration with the InterAcademy Partnership for Health (IAP for Health), convened a policy workshop on rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) in London on the 21 November 2016.
The Academy of Medical Sciences convened a policy workshop on multimorbidity in the BRICS countries in London from the 27-28 March 2017.
The Academy of Medical Sciences and InterAcademy Partnership for Health held a policy workshop on strengthening clinical research capacity in low and middle income countries in London on the 3-4 July 2017.
International Policy Manager
Tel: 020 3141 3226View staff bio
Head of International
Tel: 020 3141 3217View staff bio