17.30, Thursday 23 January 2020
The Academy of Medical Sciences London
41 Portland Place London, W1B 1QH
We are delighted to announce our new programme of short talks with big impact, AMSlive. Five wonderful speakers from across the Academy’s work will be sharing their research on the algorithms behind new drug treatments, clinical trials for HIV vaccines, why new mothers need more respect, and more…
Places are limited. Please reserve your ticket using the form on the right hand side of this page. This event is free and open to all.
Talks will be followed by a panel discussion with the speakers, who include Academy Fellows, career development programme participants and grant awardees, then a networking reception with drinks and canapés.
Our five speakers for the evening are:
- Dr Nisreen Alwan, Associate Professor in Public Health, School of Primary Care, Population Sciences and Medical Education, University of Southampton – Academy Springboard award holder and SUSTAIN participant
- Professor Deborah Ashby OBE FMedSci, Director of the School of Public Health and Professor of Medical Statistics and Clinical Trials, Imperial College London – Academy Fellow
- Professor Fiona Denison, Professor of Translational Obstetrics, University of Edinburgh, and Honorary Consultant Obstetrician, NHS Lothian – Academy FLIER leadership programme participant
- Dr Dennis Wang, Senior Lecturer in Bioinformatics and Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield – Academy Springboard award holder
- Professor Jonathan Weber FMedSci, Jefferiss Professor of Communicable Diseases and Genitourinary Medicine, Imperial College London – Academy Fellow
17.30 – Arrival and registration
18.00 – Talks (starting promptly at 18:00)
19:00 – Panel discussion
19.45 – Networking reception with drinks and canapés
21.00 – Event close
For more information and queries, please contact Lauren Treacher on email@example.com or 020 3141 3213.
Watch speakers from the pilot AMSlive below: