Post-2015 Millennium Development Goal FrameworkLaunched
Post-2015 MDG Framework
As the 2015 target date for achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) approaches, the United Nations is debating on what goals should be set next for the global development agenda beyond 2015.
As part of this process, the United Nations Development Group led a project aiming to stimulate a “global conversation” on the post-2015 agenda that included a series of global thematic consultations.
In December 2012, the Academy responded to the health thematic consultation on the post-2015 MDG framework. The Academy's five key messages addressed:
- Health is both a prerequisite for and an outcome of sustainable human and economic development.
- The unfinished poverty agenda and addressing health inequalities.
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- Potential health indicators and the need for strengthening of vital registration and other data collection systems.
- Building research, health and educational capacity in developing countries.