We are pleased to announce that the following Fellows have been elected to serve on the Academy Council. Each will serve a three year term of office.
- Professor Ed Bullmore FMedSci, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge
- Professor Elizabeth Fisher FMedSci, Professor of Neurogenetics, University College London
- Professor Paul Stewart FMedSci, Dean of Medicine, University of Leeds
- Professor Sir Doug Turnbull FMedSci, Professor of Neurology, Newcastle University
The ballot was counted at the Academy offices on 15 November 2016 in the presence of Sir Malcolm Green FMedSci who kindly acted as official Fellowship scrutineer for the day.
The Academy office received 421 valid votes and 1 spoiled paper and the ballot was conducted using the single transferable voting system.
We thank the following retiring members of Council, who stood down at the recent AGM, for their service to the Academy over the past three year period.
- Professor Stephen Dunnett FMedSci
- Professor Graham Hart FMedSci
- Professor Veronica van Heyningen CBE FRS FRSE FMedSci