14.00, Wednesday 29 March 2023
The UK Academy of Medical Sciences, the Academia Nacional de Medicina, and the Academia Brasileira de Ciências will be hosting a researcher capacity-building workshop on 29 March 2023.
This will be the third event in our series of researcher capacity-building workshops which are designed to help researchers thrive in their careers as an important step towards building the capacity of research systems globally.
This half-day workshop will be accompanied by a policy workshop on One Health, organised by the Academy's International Policy Team.
It will provide a platform for researchers across career levels and career development experts from across Brazil to:
- Share experiences, challenges, and successes in establishing their careers.
- Discuss coaching, models of mentoring, and regional networks that offer learning and support opportunities and are available to researchers based in Brazil.
Participants at the workshop will include the Academy's Global Challenges Research Fund award holders and Newton International and Advanced Fellows.
This workshop will be followed by the publication of a report summarising the main points arising from the workshop discussions.
This event is by invitation only.
Both the early scoping work and development of the workshop will be informed by a wide range of experts from different countries and sectors.
- Professor Marcello Barcinski (co-chair), Professor, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Professor Alison Holmes FMedSci (co-chair), Professor of Infectious Diseases and the Director NIHR Health Protection Research Unit, Imperial College London
- Dr Ottorino Cosivi – Center Director, Pan American Center for Foot-and-Mouth Disease and Veterinary Public Health; (PANAFTOSA) Pan American Health Organization
- Professor Pedro F. da Costa Vasconcelos, Professor, Department of Pathology at Pará State University
- Professor Claudio T. Daniel-Ribeiro, Full Professor, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation
- Professor Chris Dye FMedSci, Professor of Epidemiology, University of Oxford
- Professor Helena Lage Ferreira, Professor (Associate) University of Sao Paolo
- Professor Celso F. Ramos Filho, Professor, Federal University of Rio De Janeiro
- Professor Helena B. Nader, Professor and Head of the Institute of Pharmacology and Molecular Biology, Federal University of Sao Paulo