This year's annual HIVE event is centred around the theme of 'working with the Academy' - learn more about what the Academy does, how this impacts you, and how you can get involved as a HIVE member. You will also hear about our new 10-year strategy.
A key component of our new strategy is to champion transdisciplinary research across the NHS, social care and public health; academia; charities and industry. So, we are organising an exciting panel, bringing together individuals from the different sectors to speak about their experience of cross-sector working, with a chance for you to pose questions to the panel. Voices of the HIVE community will be represented on the panel.
The official presentations and panel discussions will take place from 13.30-15.30. The event will then end with optional 30 minutes informal breakout rooms (from 15.30-16.00) to give you a chance to connect further with Academy staff and your fellow HIVE members.
|13.30 - 13.50
Introduction to HIVE and the new Academy of Medical Sciences 10 year strategy
- Professor Paul Stewart FMedSci (Academy of Medical Sciences Vice President Clinical) - Professor of Medicine and Health Policy Adviser to the Vice Chancellor, University of Leeds
|13.50 - 14.50
Panel discussion on cross-sector partnerships (including time for Q&A)
- Dr Julia Wilson (Chair) - Associate Director at the Wellcome Sanger Intitute and part of our FLIER alumni
- Sir Harpal Kumar – Honorary Fellow of the Academy, current President of GRAIL Europe and previously CEO of CRUK
- Associate Professor Christian Kieling – Co-developer of the IDEA (Identifying Depression Early in Adolescence) global consortium and part of our GCRF alumni
- Professor Helen McShane FMedSci - Professor of Vaccinology; Director, Oxford NIHR Biomedical Research Centre
|14.50 - 15.00
||Introduction to the Academy's new cross-sector programme and how you can get involved
|15.00 - 15.10
|15.10 - 15.30
||Introduction to the Academy’s policy work and how you can get involved
|15.30 - 16.00
||Optional networking with AMS staff (including representative from the HIVE, grants, policy and cross-sector teams) as well as each other.
We'll be back in touch closer to the event with further details, but in the meantime please register and hold this date.
Click on the below to register for this event.