13.00, Friday 15 May 2020
Following publication of The Lancet Psychiatry paper ‘Multidisciplinary research priorities for the COVID-19 pandemic: a call for action for mental health science’, the Academy of Medical Sciences, in partnership with the mental health research charity MQ, is hosting a workshop to discuss research on digital and remote mental health interventions in relation to COVID-19.
This workshop will draw together key researchers from across the mental health interventions landscape to:
- Share intelligence on how research proposals in this field can be supported by UKRI and DHSC.
- Share information on proposals currently in development.
- Discuss priorities, with particular reference to Tables 1 and 2 of the Lancet Psychiatry paper (further information will be circulated in the meeting pre-read).
- Identify opportunities for collaborations/consortia that might allow a portfolio of studies to be supported.
- Discuss enablers and barriers to consortia proposals.
- If time allows, discuss opportunities to configure proposals around high level criteria to develop mechanistically derived technological solutions, including shared scientific standards, and an implementation pipeline.
The workshop will be chaired by Professor Hugh Perry FMedSci, one of the authors of The Lancet Psychiatry paper, and has been steered by co-authors Professors Rory O’Connor, Emily Holmes, Ed Bullmore FMedSci, Matthew Hotopf FMedSci and Simon Wessely FMedSci.
Attendance is by invitation only. For more information on the event, please contact: email@example.com.