09.00, Thursday 19 May 2022
Sansovino room, Bristol Harbour Hotel, Bristol / Online
55 Corn Street, Bristol, BS1 1HT
We are pleased to announce the return of our Clinical Academics in Training Annual Conference (CATAC), which will be held in Bristol, on Thursday 19 May 2022.
CATAC is a unique cross-specialty event designed to bring together clinical academics from a range of backgrounds, to present their research and to network with each other and with senior researchers. It is the only UK-wide cross-speciality conference open to all aspiring clinical academics (within medicine, dentistry and veterinary sciences) currently working in the UK.
CATAC 2022 will be an in-person event in Bristol, with live-streamed talks available online. It will be hosted by Professor Jane Norman FMedSci and Professor John Iredale FRSE FMedSci, with Professor Charlotte Summers delivering our keynote on her career journey so far. As in past years, the conference will include post-doctoral and pre-doctoral oral competitions, as well as poster competitions. The full agenda and abstract booklet are now available to download.
Who can attend: Anyone with an interest is welcome to attend our conference! Though this event may be most useful for early career clinical academics, we also greatly welcome medical, dental, and veterinary students, mid-career and senior researchers, as well as those working in the health and life sciences sectors.
Registration for CATAC 2022 is now closed. This page will be updated with the livestreaming link to watch on the day. If you are attending the event please familiarise yourself with the Academy's safe space policy.
If you have any queries regarding CATAC 2022 event, please email us at: email@example.com.
We are aware that for many of you this will be one of the first large in-person events you have attended since the COVID-19 pandemic started. With this in mind, please be aware of the following with regard to COVID-19:
- If you or anyone you live with tests positive for COVID-19, or presents with symptoms of COVID-19, prior the event, please do not attend.
- If you have recently tested positive for COVID-19, please only attend if you can confirm you are no longer testing positive.
- These protocols are in place not only to protect the other attendees, but also with the forethought that many individuals in attendance will return to work the day after CATAC in hospitals across the UK.
- We encourage you to wear a mask where possible during the course of the event, and particularly when social distancing is not possible.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be positioned throughout the venue.
- In line with government guidance and with the suspension of free lateral flow tests, we no longer require attendees to test prior to attending our events. If you are able to take a lateral flow test before the event, we would encourage you to do so, but this is not a requirement.
This event is generously supported by the Wellcome Trust.