Bookings are now open for the Academy of Medical Sciences' 2018 FORUM Annual Lecture, in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering, on ‘Transforming healthcare through engineering and technology’.
This year’s Annual Lecture will explore how advances in biomedical engineering and technologies are set to revolutionise medical research and patient care.
The Lecture will comprise a keynote and talks from leaders in the field, exploring different aspects of how new technologies can impact the patient pathway from tissue engineering and clinical trials through to healthcare delivery and patient self-monitoring. This will be followed by an open panel discussion chaired by Professor Sir Robert Lechler PMedSci. There will be a drinks and networking reception for all attendees after the Lecture. Go to the events page now to register!
The speakers are:
- Keynote: Dr Omar Israk, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Medtronic
- Professor Alison Noble OBE FREng FRS, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford
- Professor Sebastien Ourselin, Head of the School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences, King's College London
- Professor Lionel Tarassenko CBE FREng FMedSci, Chair in Electrical Engineering, University of Oxford
- Professor Chris Taylor OBE FREng, Professor of Medical Biophysics and Professor of Computer Science, University of Manchester
The Annual Lecture will take place on Wednesday 5 September and will be held at the Royal Academy of Engineering in London. For further information and to register, please visit our events page. It is free to attend and limited capacity so places will be allocated on a first come first served basis - please register early to ensure attendance!