14.00, Wednesday 05 September 2018
Royal Academy of Engineering, Prince Philip House, London
3 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5DG, London
The 2018 FORUM Annual Lecture will take place on Wednesday 5 September 2018 at the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Held by the Academy of Medical Sciences in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering, the 2018 Lecture will bring together world leaders in the field of medical technologies and engineering to explore how these innovations will impact the patient journey. It will span innovations across early research and development, through clinical trials to healthcare delivery and patient monitoring, and their potential to transform research and healthcare delivery.
Dr Omar Ishrak, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Medtronic, will give the keynote talk followed by distinguished speakers drawn from across the biomedical engineering and technology landscape. These talks will be followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with the audience, chaired by Professor Sir Robert Lechler PMedSci, President of the Academy of Medical Sciences.
This year’s speakers and panellists are:
- Keynote: Dr Omar Israk, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Medtronic
- Professor Alison Noble OBE FREng FRS, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford
- Professor Sebastien Ourselin, Head of the School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences, King's College London
- Professor Lionel Tarassenko CBE FREng FMedSci, Chair in Electrical Engineering, University of Oxford
- Professor Chris Taylor OBE FREng, Professor of Medical Biophysics and Professor of Computer Science, University of Manchester
You can follow the event on our twitter page and can contribute using the hashtag #FORUM2018.
The Annual Lecture will be livestreamed for those unable to attend on the day, and a video recording will be available on the Academy's YouTube page shortly, afterwards.