15.00, Wednesday 05 September 2018
Royal Academy of Engineering, Prince Philip House, London
3 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5DG, London
The 2018 FORUM Annual Lecture took place on Wednesday 5 September 2018 at the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Held by the Academy of Medical Sciences in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering, the 2018 Lecture brought together world leaders in the field of medical technologies and engineering to explore how these innovations will impact the patient journey. It explored innovations across early research and development, through clinical trials to healthcare delivery and patient monitoring, and their potential to transform research and healthcare delivery.
Dr Omar Ishrak, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Medtronic, gave the keynote talk which was followed by presentations from distinguished speakers drawn from across the biomedical engineering and technology landscape. The talks were followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with the audience, chaired by Professor Sir Robert Lechler PMedSci, President of the Academy of Medical Sciences.
This 2018 FORUM Annual Lecture speakers and panellists were:
- Keynote: Dr Omar Ishrak, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Medtronic
- Professor Alison Noble OBE FRS FREng, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford
- Professor Sebastien Ourselin, Head of the School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences, King's College London
- Professor Lionel Tarassenko CBE FREng FMedSci, Chair in Electrical Engineering, University of Oxford
- Professor Chris Taylor OBE FREng, Professor of Medical Biophysics and Professor of Computer Science, University of Manchester
The event was covered on our twitter page and attendees using the hashtag #FORUM2018.
Thre report from the Lecture has now been published and can be downloaded using the link on the right of this page, or by clicking here.
The Annual Lecture was recorded for those unable to attend on the day, and a video recording can be found on the Academy's YouTube page.