12.30, Thursday 12 December 2019
Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PW,
This mentoring skills workshop is open to current and prospective mentees and mentors taking part in the Academy’s Mentoring programme.
Our Mentoring Masterclasses are an introduction to the Developmental Model of mentoring that we support, to help you get the most out of your mentoring relationship. They are participatory and focussed on developing techniques, learning best practice and discussing the opportunities and challenges of being in a mentoring relationship, as well as networking with other people in the programme.
As a result of this afternoon workshop, you will have a clear understanding of:
- The roles of mentor and mentee.
- How to establish and manage expectations.
- How to deal with potential challenges during a mentoring relationship.
- How to ask good questions and give and receive feedback.
- Unconscious bias and mentoring.
Registration is mandatory - please complete the booking form.