00.00, Wednesday 06 April 2016
183 Euston Road Wellcome Collection
The FORUM Annual Lecture 2016 was given by Dame Julie Moore, Chief Executive of University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, on 'Breaking down the barriers between research and practice to improve productivity in the NHS'. The lecture was followed by a panel discussion, chaired by Professor Sir Robert Lechler PMedSci, to further explore 'What can research do to improve productivity in the NHS?' Panellists included:
- Dr Annette Doherty OBE, Senior Vice President of Product Development, GlaxoSmithKline
- Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation and Senior Adviser, KPMG
- Dr Nicolaus Henke, Director of Healthcare Systems and Services Practice, McKinsey & Company
- Dame Julie Moore, Chief Executive, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Sir Simon Wessely FMedSci, Chair of Psychological Medicine, King’s College London and President, Royal College of Psychiatrists
The lecture was held on Wednesday 6 April 2016 from 14.00 at the Wellcome Collection and the programme can be downloaded below. You can follow the event on Twitter via #FORUM2016.
Video recordings of the lecture and subsequent panel discussion can be found on the Academy's YouTube channel, and the summary report can be downloaded below.