We are pleased to announce that the following Fellows have been elected to the Academy Council. Each will serve a three-year term of office.
- Professor Dame Jessica Corner FMedSci, Pro-Vice Chancellor Research and Knowledge Exchange, University of Nottingham
- Professor Hilary Critchley FRSE FMedSci, Professor of Reproductive Medicine, University of Edinburgh and Honorary Consultant Gynaecologist, Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, NHS Lothian
- Professor Julie Williams CBE FMedSci FLSW Associate Director UK Dementia Research Institute, Cardiff University
The ballot was counted at the Academy offices on 14 November 2017 in the presence of Professor Roger Jones FMedSci who acted as official Fellowship scrutineer. The Academy office received 399 valid votes and 1 spoiled paper and the ballot was conducted using the single transferable voting system.
We thank the following retiring members of Council for their service to the Academy over the past three-year period.
- Professor Jonathan Ashmore FRS FMedSci
- Professor Jane Norman FMedSci
- Professor Sir Michael Owen FMedSci FLSW
- Sir Michael Rawlins FMedSci