Harren Jhoti is President and CEO of Astex Therapeutics, a small biotech he co-founded and where he has been a pioneer of new approaches to structure-guided drug discovery. Here he first demonstrated the power of fragment-based approaches using X-ray crystallography to make new medicines. Dr Jhoti designed and developed a vibrant fragment discovery platform from which multiple small molecule drug candidates were generated, validating this new approach and helping it gain acceptance within industry and academia, including seminal research publications. Several of these drug candidates in development continue to be progressed by pharmaceutical partners, such as Novartis and AstraZeneca, and have shown clinical benefit in cancer patients.
FellowBack to directory listing
Dr Harren Jhoti FRS FMedSci
President and CEO
Drug discovery, structural biology, oncology, fragment-based drug discovery.
Section committee elected by
Physics, chemistry, biochemistry, structural biology, mathematics, informatics and engineering applied to biomedicine
- about 9 minutes ago As @MattHancock seeks to incentivise R&D for antimicrobial resistance drugs and treatments in #Davos, we we are wor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 2 hours ago RT @DUK_research: Are you a research-active Clinical Lecturer looking to develop and strengthen your #research? You can apply for a @acmeds…
- about 3 hours ago Today Health Secretary @MattHancock warns attendees at #Davos “We are on the cusp of a world where a simple graze c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 21 hours ago RT @Neuronal_K: 'Adequate reporting and transparency are key in #adaptivetrials acceptability' says @mdimairo #FORUM @acmedsci @The_MRC @NI…
- about 1 day ago The brilliant @NakedScientists produced a podcast after coming to our joint event with @theNAMedicine all about beh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…