10.00, Monday 20 April 2020
The Great Hall, Leeds
University of Leeds, Woodhouse Lane
A day of career development workshops and talks focused on unleashing the power of translational research for patient benefit.
Download the full programme here or from the side of this page.
Register for your place now using the form on the side of this page. Please ensure you complete the second page to secure your booking.
This event is aimed at people beginning or developing careers in translational research across the north of England, and is a great opportunity to:
- Build networks with your peers and senior academics
- Hear from people who have successfully started their own companies, or built collaborations across academia and industry
- Raise your profile within the northern translational research community
- Meet Academy Fellows.
Early career researchers and people starting out are welcomed at this event.
Timings: Registration from 9.30am for a 10.00am start. The day will finish at 4.45pm followed by a networking reception until 5.45pm.
Babies are welcome at this event and a family room is available.
Organisations, companies or charities interested in having a stand at this event over the lunchtime networking period, please contact Jo Bentley, 0113 206 5080 firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries please contact Jo Bentley, 0113 206 5080 email@example.com
Speakers and panelists include:
- Professor Caroline Dive FMedSci, Professor of Cancer Pharmacology, University of Manchester
- Professor Christine Harrison FMedSci, Professor of Childhood Cancer Cytogenetics, Newcastle University
- Professor Mary Herbert FMedSci, Professor of Reproductive Biology, Newcastle Fertility Centre
- Professor Eileen Ingham FMedSci, Professor of Medical Immunology, University of Leeds, and academic founder of Tissue Regenix Group PLC
- Professor David Jayne, Professor of Surgery, University of Leeds
- Sir Alan Langlands FRSE FMedSci, Vice Chancellor, University of Leeds
- Professor Sir Robert Lechler PMedSci, Senior Vice President and Executive Director of King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre and President of the Academy of Medical Sciences
- Professor Jacky Smith, NIHR Manchester Clinical Research Facility Director
- Professor Paul Stewart FMedSci, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Medicine & Health at the University of Leeds.
The day is being led by the Academy's three Regional Champions across the north of England:
- North East: Professor Derek Mann FMedSci, Chair of Hepatology, Newcastle University
- North West: Professor Jørgen Vestbo FMedSci, Professor of Respiratory Medicine, University of Manchester
- Yorkshire & Humberside: Professor Philip Quirke FMedSci, Professor of Pathology, University of Leeds