14.00, Wednesday 07 October 2020
The Academy of Medical Sciences and the Academia Nacional de Medicina of Argentina are convening a policy workshop on Achieving Universal Health Coverage in Latin America: the role of quality of care research online on the 6-7 October 2020.
The second day of this event, 7 October 2020, 14:00-17:00 UK time, will be livestreamed and available to view via the Academy's website and Youtube channel.
Please sign up using the booking form on this page to receive the stream link.
The main objective of this workshop is to establish the progress made towards achieving quality UHC in Latin America and consider the role that research can play in improving the quality of care provided. In addition, the workshop will provide a platform for countries in the region to share knowledge of what hasn’t worked and of successful approaches which have led to an increase in quality of care. To achieve this, our aims are as follows:
- Identify tools and innovation that could accelerate progress to improve the quality of care.
- Identify country specific and shared research challenges and barriers to achieving quality UHC.
- Provide a platform for different countries to share their research experiences, challenges and successes to allow countries to learn from one another.
- Agree on a list of research priorities and solutions to overcome the identified barriers which can be addressed on at a regional level.
- Impact policy uptake, specifically through the use of science and investment in research and research leadership.
Further information on this event can be found on our dedicated policy page.