Name: Hannah Julienne
Institution: University of Bristol
Connection to the Academy: Wellcome Trust-supported intern
Hannah Julienne was a Wellcome Trust intern between January and March 2016.
During her time with us, her activities included:
- Contributed to the ‘Methods of evaluating evidence’ project: performed background research on relevant case studies, helped organise and wrote the note of a working group meeting, prepared evidence for publication and helped draft the forthcoming report.
- Prepared the Academy’s response to a consultation by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills regarding the integration of Innovate UK with Research UK.
- Attended and prepared notes on Parliamentary Select Committee evidence hearings to support the Academy’s ongoing work on policy topics relating to the UK science base and the Zika virus epidemic.
- Attended external cross-Academy and cross-sector meetings to discuss ongoing issues relating to the UK science base.
- Helped organise and run events such as a policy and communications networking event and the Spring Meeting for Clinician Scientists in Training.
- Spent two days working at the Campaign for Science and Engineering, conducting scoping work ahead of the devolved elections in May, and helping prepare their response to the Budget.
- Spent one week working for the policy team at the Wellcome Trust, preparing a briefing on data sharing.
Hannah has now returned to university to complete her PhD.