We hold Career Development events across the country for pre- and post-doctoral researchers in biomedicine and health, to give practical skills and the chance to network with colleagues.
The events also offer clinical academic early career researchers help in navigating the clinical academic training pathway and developing a research career. The events are typically chaired by a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences and include research presentations, skills workshops, careers talks and networking opportunities.
Career Development events focus on the current landscape for early career researchers in the UK, and are themed around current opportunities and challenges of relevance to biomedical and health researchers. Some Career Development events are produced in response to the Academy of Medical Sciences’ policy or communications work, where we address the impact of their findings for early career researchers.
Upcoming Career Development events
- 11 April 2019: Remaining Resilient in Research. Chair: Professor Janet Lord FMedSci. Please book here
Stay up to date
If you would like to learn more about Career Development events or suggest future topics, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Recent Career Development events
- 9th October 2018, Liverpool: Standing up for Standing Out. Chair: Professor Susan Wray FMedSci.
- 8th June 2018, Southampton: Building your career in a research team. Chair: Professor Stephen Holgate CBE FMedSci.
- 2nd May 2018, London: Succeeding in Team Science. Chair: Professor George Davey Smith FMedSci. This event was followed up by this blog post on research reproducibility.
- 14th March 2018, Manchester: How to enhance the impact of your research. Chair: Professor Dame Nicky Cullum DBE FMedSci