Cathy Price is a Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow at University College London and a leading figure in the field of cognitive neuroscience. Her seminal work has shaped much of modern experimental design and data interpretation in brain imaging, developing the theory of cognitive degeneracy to understand recovery of cognitive skills following brain damage. Her work on understanding how the brain supports language in health and disease has led her to pioneer a novel approach for predicting language outcome and recovery after stroke. Many different hospitals and research sites within the UK and internationally are now using this approach. Cathy Price’s contribution to cognitive neuroscience has been widely acknowledged and she has successfully bridged basic and applied cognitive neuroscience.
FellowBack to directory listing
Professor Catherine Price FMedSci
Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow
University College London (UCL)
Predicting language outcome and recovery after stroke using structural and functional neuroimaging.
Section committee elected by
Anatomy, neuroscience (including neurology and neurosurgery), physiology, pharmacological sciences
- about 16 hours ago @trishgreenhalgh Good luck @trishgreenhalgh - something tells us you're going to nail it! 🚀
- about 17 hours ago [NEW] Our Hamied Foundation UK-India AMR Visiting Professorships scheme is now open for applications - closes 25 Ja… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 20 hours ago Every day, our Fellows like @sbaroncohen, our grants, and our policy work demonstrate #howsocialscience is critical… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 23 hours ago As part of our 20th anniversary, today we're looking at the connections we've made in Europe and beyond...… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 1 day ago RT @georgeinstitute: Preventing & managing #Multimorbidity is a step closer after @theMRC @wellcometrust @officialNIHR and others agreed to…