Cathy Price is a Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow at University College London and a leading figure in the field of cognitive neuroscience. Her seminal work has shaped much of modern experimental design and data interpretation in brain imaging, developing the theory of cognitive degeneracy to understand recovery of cognitive skills following brain damage. Her work on understanding how the brain supports language in health and disease has led her to pioneer a novel approach for predicting language outcome and recovery after stroke. Many different hospitals and research sites within the UK and internationally are now using this approach. Cathy Price’s contribution to cognitive neuroscience has been widely acknowledged and she has successfully bridged basic and applied cognitive neuroscience.
FellowBack to directory listing
Professor Catherine Price FMedSci
Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow
University College London (UCL)
Predicting language outcome and recovery after stroke using structural and functional neuroimaging.
Section committee elected by
Anatomy, neuroscience (including neurology and neurosurgery), physiology, pharmacological sciences
- about 1 day ago We're open in #Lewisham Shopping Centre from midday until 5.30pm today - come and visit us, and find out why conver… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 1 day ago Thinking of applying for our policy internship? Check out our top tips for policy interns to think about making the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 1 day ago 7 out of 10 people say they feel comfortable talking about death, yet only 3 in 10 have actually spoken to someone… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 2 days ago “It’s abundantly clear the 10-min appointment is not fit for purpose.” As @rcgp calls for 15 minute minimum consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- about 3 days ago Today is the International Day to End Obstetric Fistula. Watch our Fellow Professor Joy Lawn talk about how to impr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…