Our 2017-21 strategy sets out the following mission, vision and objectives.
Our mission is to advance biomedical and health research and its translation into benefits for society.
We are working to secure a future in which:
- UK and global health is improved by the best research.
- The UK leads the world in biomedical and health research, and is renowned for the quality of its research outputs, talent and collaborations.
- Independent, high quality medical science advice informs the decisions that affect society.
- More people have a say in the future of health and research.
- Promoting excellence
- Developing talented researchers
- Influencing research and policy
- Engaging patients, the public and professionals